With your generous support, our scientists translate decades of rehabilitation research into revolutionary treatments and our grant makers fund innovative and scalable disability employment initiatives that create access to employment opportunities never before possible. You can direct your gift to a specific initiative or make a general donation.
Memorial and Honorary Donations
Memorial and honorary gifts offer a unique way to commemorate a special occasion, person or caregiver and help change the lives of people with disabilities.
Gifts of Stocks or Security
A gift of stock or securities may be more advantageous for you than a gift of cash. Here are a few considerations to discuss with your tax advisor:
- Gifts of stock or securities may allow you to avoid capital gains taxes when you contribute appreciated securities directly to Kessler Foundation;
- Such gifts may enable you to deduct the full value of the stock as a charitable contribution, saving income tax and lowering the effective cost of your gift; and
- Gifts of stock or securities may offer a substantial tax break because you may take the full value of your gift of securities while you support Kessler Foundation’s mission.
If you are interested in donating stocks or security, please contact Michele Pignatello at 973.324.8363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating a Legacy
When you include Kessler Foundation in your estate plans, you create a legacy — a lasting legacy that ensures future generations of people with disabilities will have access to breakthrough rehabilitation research and employment opportunities. It also may have important financial advantages for you and your heirs.
Many options are available for a legacy gift. You can choose to:
- Include a bequest to Kessler Foundation in your will.
- Create a life-income gift plan such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust that pays you income for life and then provides a gift for Kessler Foundation.
- Designate Kessler Foundation as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy, retirement plan, savings account, or brokerage account.
Please contact Michele Pignatello at 973.324.8363 or email@example.com for more information.
Workplace Giving/Matching Gifts
If your employer matches gifts, please specifiy Kessler Foundation as your matching gift recipient.